Louisville Bicycle Club History Series
Cycling Photos from the Past
- Couple with bicycles — Check out the safeties completed with elaborate seat suspension and, as far as I can tell, pneumatic tires and linkages-operated hub brakes
[ Full size (70 KB) ] [ Thumbnail (12 KB) ]
- A Wheelman with his high wheeler
[ Full size (42 KB) ] [ Thumbnail (10 KB) ]
- A young cyclist — How would you like to ride a bike with this kind of trail and rake? The frame doesnt look all that rigid either, without what we call the top tube. But, hey, you cant beat those 20-spoke wheels!
[ Full size (90 KB) ] [ Thumbnail (12 KB) ]
- A trio of wheelmen — Who says front suspension is a new invention? Check out the suspension set-up of the safety bicycle on the left!
[ Full size (109 KB) ] [ Thumbnail (17 KB) ]
- A gaggle of wheelmen doing a balancing act. There are high-wheelers, safety bicycles, and even a tandem (but dont look for generous cockpit room for the stoker)!
[ Full size (90 KB) ] [ Thumbnail (11 KB) ]
- Jefferis Cycle Shop
[ Full size (89 KB) ] [ Thumbnail (11 KB) ]
- Wheelmens Bench & A.D. Pap Ruff Memorial as it appeared in 1898.
[ (64 KB) ]
| LBC home
| LBC History
| NEXT ARTICLE
Copyright ©1995-2001 Louisville Wheelmen. All rights reserved.
Copyright ©1995 University of Louisville’s Photographic Archives
contact the webmaster for information and comments
last updated: 11 March 2001