Louisville Wheelmen Newsletter -- March-April 1995

Racing Team Sponsorships Announced

by Dave Spitler


The 1995 racing team jerseys have been ordered. When they arrive in late March or early April, they will contain the names of some tried and true sponsors and some new ones as well. 1994 sponsors who are continuing their support into 1995 include St. Matthews Schwinn, St. Matthews Imports and PowerBar. New for 1995 are The Brick Oven Restaurant, Cross Pontiac, Voice-Tel and Pedro's (Synthetic Lubes).

Most of the Racing Team's finances have been provided through sponsorships for years, and the importance of that source has continued to grow. In 1994, less than 5% of the team operating budget came from projects such as the Spring Race Series and The District Championships and the remaining 95% was provided through sponsor support. The generosity of our sponsors is important to the members of the team—please support these businesses whenever possible.

We are always open to new ideas on sponsorship possibilities and would welcome suggestions from club members who have contacts which might prove helpful in the future. Since the racing team does not get team support funds from the Louisville Wheelmen General Fund, this is really the best way we have to raise money.

We would like to thank the members of the 1995 Sponsorship Committee, Barbara Berman, Kathy Faulkner, Edd and Amy Johannemann, Scott Shelton and Cheryl Wasmer.

Return to the Newsletter Table of Contents
Return to the Louisville Wheelmen home page

(c) Copyright 1995 The Louisville Wheelmen

this page maintained by Duc M. Do
last updated: 15 April 1995