November 1998 Rides & Events
#1 Primarily flat
Pace Ratings: (average speed)
#2 Mostly flat with some hills, perhaps 1/3 of total distance is hills
#3 Rolling hills
#4 Rolling with occasional steep hills. Difficult!
A Pace = 8-10 miles/hour average
B Pace = 10-13 miles/hour average
C Pace = 13-15 miles/hour average
D Pace = 15-18 miles/hour average
E Pace = 18+ miles/hour average
ANSI- or Snell-approved helmets are required
Sunday, November 1
- 10:00 am - 20 mi. #2. Generally slow! Pavé pour vous. Not quite Tour de France. Bricks ’n cobbles ’n bumps. Bring your MTB or hybrid (no guarantees for road bikes!) See places you’ve never seen! Meet at Mid-City Mall, Bardstown Road. RC: Adrian “MTB geek” Freund, 502-231-1083.
Tuesday, November 3
- 11:00 am - Election Day Ride. 19/33 mi. #3, Floyd’s Fork Park - South Pope Lick Road and Old Taylorsville Road. Vote first, then ride. RC: Jim “treasurer for life” Tretter, 502-491-7120.
Wednesday, November 4
- 10:00 am - 25/35 mi. #3, Paces A-D. 930 Franklin Street, Butchertown. RC: Alison Ewart, 502-584-4222.
Saturday, November 7
- 9:00 am - 30/60 mi.#3. Long Run Park by tennis courts. RC: Bill Pustow, 502-245-1349.
Sunday, November 8
- 9:00 am - 25/45 mi. #3. Eastern High School, 12400 Old Shelbyville Rd., Middletown. RC: Bob Horner, 502-228-4777.
Wednesday, November 11
- 10:00 am - 25/35 mi.#3. Paces A-D. Turkey Chili Ride -- a tradition! Join Yellow Jersey-winning RC: John Larson at 2609 Cave Spring Place, Anchorage. 502-245-2374.
Saturday, November 14
- 9:30 am - 20/40/60 mi. #3, Long Run Park near Tennis Courts, off Flat Rock Road. RC: Jim McDonald, 502-245-3539.
Sunday, November 15
- 9:30 am - 15/30 mi. #2/#3. Heine Brothers Coffee on Chenoweth Ln., just north of Frankfort Ave. RC: Adrian Freund, 502-231-1083. p.s. -- Please park on the side streets surrounding Heine Bros.
- 11:30 am - Touring Committee Meeting follows ride at Heine Bros.
Wednesday, November 18
- 10:00 am - 25/35 mi. #3. 1027 Franklin Street, Butchertown. RC: Emily Boone, 502-585-3430.
Saturday, November 21
- 9:30 am - 30/55 mi. #3, Floyd’s Fork Park - South Pope Lick Road and Old Taylorsville Road. RC: Michelle Miller, 502-491-7820.
Sunday, November 22
- 9:00 am - Turkey Ride or Tour de Turkey. 10/25 mi. #2/#3. All welcome! Draw the right cards and win a turkey! The November version of Tour de Gil with a difference. RC: Gil Morris, 9014 Waltlee Road in Fern Creek, 502-458-7832. Please park on the south side of the street! Thank you, Gil!!
Wednesday, November 25
Thursday, November 26
- Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!
Friday, November 27
- 10:00 am - “Work-off-the-Turkey” Ride. 45 mi. #3. Vettiner Park - Mary Dell Lane off Billtown Rd. RC: Jay Palmer, 502-267-9175.
Saturday, November 28
- Day Off to start your holiday shopping. Remember to frequent our local cycleries and ask for the LBC discount! Even a modest purchase will reult in a discount greater than your LBC annual membership!
Sunday, November 29
- 12:00 pm - Cheap Thrills at Bike Butler, Carrollton. Meet at Brownsboro Center, Rudy Lane and US 42 at noon to convoy to Carrollton. Ride up to 5:00 pm for a $5 fee. All off-road riding abilities welcome. Call RC: Cheryl Brawner at 502-896-8109. Contact Bike Butler for information. Call Cheryl because conditions are changeable at Butler.