October 1999 Rides & Events
#1 Primarily flat
Pace Ratings: (average speed)
#2 Mostly flat with some hills, perhaps 1/3 of total distance is hills
#3 Rolling hills
#4 Rolling with occasional steep hills. Difficult!
#5 Dominated by steep hills and extreme grades.
A Pace = 8-10 miles/hour average
B Pace = 10-13 miles/hour average
C Pace = 13-15 miles/hour average
D Pace = 15-18 miles/hour average
E Pace = 18+ miles/hour average
ANSI- or Snell-approved helmets are required
Saturday, October 2
- 9:00 am, 30/60 mi. #3. Long Run Park near Flat Rock Road entrance. RC: Paul Battle, 459-6973
Sunday, October 3
- 9:00 am, 22/33/47/64 mi. #3. Harvest Homecoming. Floyd Central High School. Take I-64 to Greenville, Ind., exit (Highway 150). At first traffic light, turn left onto Old Vincennes Rd. Floyd Central is 1½ miles on the left. 22-milers starts/leaves at 9:50 am, all others leave at 10:00 am. Registration closes 45 minutes before start time. For more information call Bob Peters, 948-2453.
Tuesday, October 5
- 5:45 pm, 8-10 mi. #1½. Turtle Ride - T-shirt Ride. E.P. Tom Sawyer State Park. RCs: Marilyn Minnick, 412-4224 and Christine Anderson, 244-9710.
Wednesday, October 6
- 9:00 am, 25/50 mi. #3. K-Mart New Cut Road & Outer Loop. Take a day off and ride to Bernheim Forest. RC: John Larson, 245-2374.
Saturday, October 9
Sunday, October 10
- 8:00 am, 75 mi. Leaf Festival Ride. Meet at Mid-City Mall at 8 am to carpool/caravan to Brownstown. Ride starts at 9:30 am in Brownstown. Ride from Brownstown to Nashville and back for 75 miles. Sag support provided. RC: Gil Morris, 458-7832.
Wednesday, October 13
- 9:00 am, 30 mi. #3. Iroquois Park Iroquois Amphitheater entrance on New Cut Road. RC: Marge Johannemann, 368-6338.
Saturday, October 16
- 8:00 am, Hilly Hundred. 40- and 50-mile routes, staggered start from Bloomington North HS in Bloomington, IN. Registration required, call 317-327-2453 for more information.
- 10:00 am, 8-10 mi. #1½. Turtle Ride - T-shirt Ride. Crestwood Station KY 146 & N. Camden Lane, Crestwood. RCs: Marilyn Minnick, 412-4224 and Christine Anderson, 244-9710.
Sunday, October 17
- 8:00 am, Hilly Hundred. 30- and 50-mile routes, staggered start from Bloomington North HS in Bloomington, IN. Registration required, call 317-327-2453 for more information.
- 9:00 am, 30/60 mi. #3. Floyds Fork Park. RC: Jay Palmer, 267-9175.
Wednesday, October 20
- 9:30 am, 30/50 mi. #3. Memphis Truck Plaza (country plaza) in Indiana off I-65N. RC: Alison Ewart, 584-4222.
- 6:30 pm, Newsletter Stuffing. Call Norm Minnick to volunteer, 412-4224.
Saturday, October 23
- 9:00 am, 40/65 mi. #4. Flying J Truck Stop at Exit 43 on I-64, the Waddy-Peytona Exit. No store stops on the 40-mile route so bring lots of water. RC: Jim Moyer, 895-2114.
Sunday, October 24
- 9:00 am, 20/40 mi. #3. Vettiner Park Mary Dell Lane. RC: Jim McDonald, 244-0931.
Wednesday, October 27
- 9:30 am, 40 mi. #3. Edwardsville Park. RC: Sonny Neurath, 893-2306.
Friday, October 29
- 5:45 pm, Adopt-A-Highway Clean-up. Meet at corner of Covered Bridge Rd. and Sleepy Hollow. Dinner afterward at Café Jopa. For more info contact: Barbara Berman, 454-3452.
Saturday, October 30
- 9:30 am, 30 mi. #3. Jim’s 30th Birthday Ride. Eastern High School. Stop by Jim and Lauren’s house for cake. RC: Lauren McDonald, 244-0931.
Sunday, October 31
- 9:30 am, 20/40 mi. #3. Halloween Ride. Long Run Park. RC: Michele Miller, 893-5941 and Bernice Martin, 491-7820.
| LBC home
| Touring Program
| NEXT MONTH
Copyright ©1999 Louisville Wheelmen. All rights reserved.
Web posted: 22 January 1999
last updated: 24 August 1999
by Duc M. Do