September-October 2000 Newsletter
Last Chance To Tee Up For OKHT!
by Team OKHT
A Ride That Is Way Above Par!
Don't Miss This Year's Old Kentucky Home Tour!
The 2000 OKHT is upon us and this year's ride is spectacular! Team
OKHT has spent the entire year planning this event and with the support
of many volunteers and the generous contributions of our sponsors, it is
certain to be the area's premier cycling event.
- Be entertained to Bardstown and Back by the "Just For Fun" quartet,
by the Harmonics of Louisville, Jimmy Buffet (okay, so I heard he was
coming, but I just can't seem to get confirmation), Dr. Hemiola & the
Blues Activators, John Gage, Molly Freibert and her hammered dulcimer,
bagpipes and music at every sag stop along the route.
- At the Bardstown High School, let students and staff of the Louisville
School of Massage relieves a little soreness in those overworked muscles.
They will be on hand from 2:00 - 6:00pm and will be giving complimentary
massage to registered riders.
- Drop your bike off with the Bike Detail Guy and for a small fee the
technicians there will clean and shine your bike, enough to impress any
rider on the Sunday return route.
- Buy LOTS of raffle tickets for the 2001 LeMond Tourmalet road bike.
Donated by Scheller's Fitness & Cycling, this beautiful bike retails for
over a thousand dollars and could be yours for $1. (If you win.) Tickets
are $1, 6 for $5 with 100% of the proceeds to benefit the Brain Injury
Association of Kentucky.
- Watch as the Louisville Bicycle Club presents the Brain Injury
Association of Kentucky with a generous check to support their many worthy
- Take a narrated carriage ride around Bardstown, courtesy of Millenium
Sport and Import.
- Test ride one of Scheller's demo bikes, watch the children's Bike Rodeo,
listen to speeches, lay in the grass, attend the Bourbon Tasting, treat
yourself to an Olive Garden dinner in the school cafeteria, make new friends.
- Attend the Polar / Carmichael seminar after dinner Saturday night
sponsored by Polar Heart Rate Monitors and featuring guest speaker Chris
Carmichael, legendary cycling coach. Awesome!
- Ride the Century, survive the Century and receive a special
commemorative water bottle courtesy of Scheller's and the Old Kentucky Home
Thanks again and again to our Supporting Sponsors: Buffalo Trace
Distillers and Scheller's Fitness & Cycling. And to our Golden Chain
Sponsors: St. Matthews Dental Group and Gary L. Griffin, DMD, Millenium
Sport and Import and Distinctive Signs. And thanks to all our contributing
sponsors: Creation Gardens, Inc., Mark's Feed Store, Republic Bank & Trust,
Great Harvest Bread Company, Heine Bros., Nancy's Bagel Grounds, YMCA, and
SunCom. We couldn't have done it without you!
PREVIOUS ARTICLE |
LBC home |
Copyright ©2000 Louisville Wheelmen. All rights reserved.
Web posted: 1 September 2000
last updated: 3 September 2000
by Duc M. Do