September-October 2001 Newsletter
REGISTER TODAY! DON'T MISS THIS YEAR'S
by Jane Tyer
Old Kentucky Home Tour
The 24th Annual OKHT is upon us and this year's ride will have some
bodacious biking! Team OKHT has spent the entire year planning this event
and with the support of many volunteers and the generous contributions of
our sponsors, it is certain to be another award-winning ride. Register or
- More music this year! Sag entertainment includes an Irish band - The
Rashers; a German Polka band - The Kaelin's; an encore performance by Dr.
Hemiola and the Blues Activators; Mollie Freibert and her hammered dulcimer
- At the Bardstown High School, let students and staff of the Louisville
School of Massage relieve a little soreness in those overworked muscles.
They will be on hand from 2:00 - 6:00 pm and will be giving complimentary
massage to registered riders.
- Purchase a pasta dinner on the lawn at Spalding Hall, catered by Xavier's
Restaurant, and relax with a beverage from the beer garden.
- Buy LOTS of raffle tickets for the new 2002 road bike. Donated by
Supporting Sponsor Scheller's Fitness & Cycling, this beautiful bike retails
for over a thousand dollars and could be yours for a pittance (if you win).
Proceeds to benefit the Brain Injury Association of Kentucky.
- Watch as the Louisville Bicycle Club presents the Brain Injury
Association of Kentucky with a generous check to support their many worthy
- Take a narrated carriage ride around Bardstown, courtesy of Millennium
Sport and Import.
- Stop in Spalding Hall and sample some of the best bourbons around,
compliments of our Buffalo Trace.
- Test ride one of Scheller's demo bikes, get some information about
joining the Milestone/Baptist East Wellness Center, lay in the grass, make
- Ride the Century, survive the Century, and receive a special
commemorative water bottle courtesy of Scheller's and the Old Kentucky Home
Thanks again and again to our Supporting Sponsors: Buffalo Trace
Distillers, Scheller's Fitness & Cycling, Milestone Baptist East Wellness
Center, and St Matthews Dental Care Group, Dr. Gary L. Griffin. And to our
newest sponsor, The Patron restaurant, catering our gourmet lunch on Saturday.
Thanks also to Millennium Sport and Import, Creation Gardens, Nancy's Bagel
And thanks to all our contributing sponsors: Great Harvest Bread Company,
Distinctive Signs, and Heine Bros. Coffee.
We couldn't have done it without you.
PREVIOUS ARTICLE |
LBC home |
Copyright ©2001 Louisville Wheelmen. All rights reserved.
contact the webmaster for question and/or comment about this page.
web posted: 9 September 2001
last updated: 10 September 2001